I'm Lacey. I live in Oregon and I've been a Django consultant with REVSYS since 2017.
You might know me from:
- DjangoCon US: I joined the organizing team in 2015 and have served as Diversity and Financial Aid Chair, Conference Co-Chair, and Conference Chair.
- Django Girls: I organized four workshops in Portland and Austin in 2016-2017, was on the Support Team, and have coached at workshops.
- Django Software Foundation: I served on the DSF Code of Conduct Committee in 2016. I'm also a Developer Member of the DSF.
- Treehouse: I've taught courses on Django templates and the Django Admin.
- The University of Texas at Austin: I went through their Software Developer Training Program in 2011 and worked as a developer in the Office of Admissions, the Graduate School, and Information Technology Services until 2017.
- 6 Python datetime libraries, Opensource.com, April 2018 (with Jeff Triplett)
- How to Feed the Birds, The Pasty Box, April 2018
- Python ChatOps Libraries: Opsdroid and Errbot, Opensource.com, March 2018 (with Jeff Triplett)
- Why Python Devs Should Use Pipenv, OpenSource.com, February 2018 (with Jeff Triplett)
- Cultivating Self-Worth, The Pastry Box, February 2018
- 10 Tips for Making the Django Admin More Secure, OpenSource.com, January 2018 (with Jeff Triplett)
- Today I Learned - Docker: Useful Command Line Stuff, REVSYS Blog, December 2017
- Today I Learned - A Brief Intro to Docker for Djangonauts, REVSYS Blog, December 2017
- Jane Austen on Python: The intersection of literature and tech, OpenSource.com, October 2015
- Organizing More Accessible Tech Events, Model View Culture, May 2015
- Accessibility, Django Girls Organizer's Manual (chapter)
- Featured: PyDev of the Week, August 2015